- 4 May 2013: President Obama Issues Statement for Orthodox Christians Around the World - Archdiocese News RSS
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is pleased to announce the receipt of a very significant message and greeting from the President of the United States, Barack Obama, and the First Lady Michelle Obama, on the occasion of Orthodox Pascha (Easter). In his message, the President makes reference to the ordeals facing Orthodox Christians in the Middle East and North Africa and reaffirms his commitment to religious freedom as a universal human right.
- 10 May 2013: Archbishop Demetrios Calls for Protection of Ecumenical Patriarch - Archdiocese News RSS
In response to the reports in Turkish and world media about an assassination plot against His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, Archbishop Demetrios of America today wrote to President Obama urging him to exercise his good offices to ensure the safety of His All Holiness.
- 15 May 2013: Encyclical of Archbishop Demetrios for AHEPA Sunday - May 19, 2013 - Archdiocese News RSS
On AHEPA Sunday, I ask all of our parishes to honor AHEPA’s bright legacy of service and to recognize the members of its organizations. Also may we offer thanks to the members of AHEPA for their contribution to our Church in America and our Greek American community, and for their offering to so many educational, philanthropic, and cultural endeavors.
- 15 May 2013: Schedule of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios for May 15-22, 2013 - Archdiocese News RSS
- 16 May 2013: The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Welcomes With Respect, Honor and Love the Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Ieronymos II - Archdiocese News RSS
His Beatitude Archbishop Ieronymos II of Athens and All Greece arrived today, shortly before 8 p.m. at Logan International Airport, beginning a visit to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America on the occasion of the conferral upon him of an Honorary Doctorate Degree by Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology. The ceremony will take place during the School’s 2013 Commencement, Saturday May 18.
- 17 May 2013: Archbishop Ieronymos Makes Emotional Visit and Lays Wreath at the Site of the Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack - Archdiocese News RSS
Almost exactly one month after the Boston Marathon terrorist attack, His Beatitude Archbishop Ieronymos of Athens and All Greece visited the site of the attack at Boylston Street, where an ad hoc memorial has been created by the thousands of visitors. His Beatitude was accompanied by Archbishop Demetrios of America, Metropolitan Methodios of Boston and the other members of his entourage from Greece.
- 17 May 2013: Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Opens Seminar on Religious Freedom Celebrating the 1700th Anniversary of the Edict of Milan - Archdiocese News RSS
His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew declared open this morning the Seminar on Religious Freedom Today celebrating the 1700th anniversary of the Emperor Constantine’s Edict of Milan. The Seminar, organized by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople in cooperation with the Council of European Bishops’ Conferences (CCEE), is being held in Istanbul (17-18 May) with the participation of international speakers and delegations representing the Orthodox Churches and the Catholic Church in the European continent. The seminar will explore the historical, legal and political aspects of religious freedom in Europe and throughout the world.
- 18 May 2013: Primate of the Church of Greece Meets with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and Visits Harvard University - Archdiocese News RSS
His Beatitude, the Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Ieronymos II, who is making a historic visit to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and will receive an Honorary Doctorate from Holy Cross School of Theology, completed the second day of his visit in Boston by officiating at the Vespers service in the chapel of the School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts.